Thursday, April 4, 2013

Why fight?

"He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him. He was not the light but came to bear witness about the light."

"I am not the Christ... I am voice of the one crying out in the wilderness, 'Make straight the way of the Lord'..."

"I baptize with water, but among you stands one you do know, even he who comes after me, the strap of whose sandal I am not worthy to unite."

John chapter 1 vs. 7-8, 20b, 23, 26-27

Humbly we walk down the road of missionary service. Not as great speakers with a large following. Not as esteemed teachers with many years of Bible education. Not even as wealthy Christians with the means to "save" the world. What we are are a couple of world worn Johns who have lived messy unkempt lives and have seen the grace and mercy of a loving father.

Why would we fight for the lives of babies? Because once there was one fighting for its right to exist in my own womb. Why would we go to a Godless foreign nation to speak of Christ? Because once we were Godless, foreign in the eyes of our father, and in need of Christ.

Because "I am not the Christ...I am the voice crying out in the wilderness..." and "among you stands one you do not know,".

Shara

No comments:

Post a Comment