Sunday, June 24, 2012

Moving forward

We have been having discussions about what it is like to pack up and move across the globe. It's a daunting magnanimous task at best. So we decided we'd start de-cluttering and getting rid of things that aren't essential for life. One minute I'd contemplate selling my beloved mixer because it is worth some money (that could help us with the move) and since it weighs a good 30lbs it simply can't go with us. The next minute I would think of all the things I make with it and how I use it several times a week. I say to myself, it's just not time yet.

Now I don't want to ascribe to God any actions that are not His, but I do have to say that today when we woke to find our refrigerator was no longer cold I felt a kind of spiritual kick in the pants. We will need a new refrigerator. We do have two other small refrigerators to use temporarily and sure we could just continue to use those with some careful planning and conservation. But, what if we aren't supposed to get a new appliance. We are after all going to a place where we will have to learn to live small, even with 4 kids.

I don't know the answer. I'm not upset that our fridge broke. I did chuckle to myself...well that's one way to get rid of stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment