Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Open mouth...proclaim God's goodness

I am a talker. If you know me, that is not surprising. I am likely to reveal my whole life's story within the first ten minutes of meeting you if it seems applicable. I LOVE to share each and every detail of what God is doing to move forward Share-Affirm. I don't often worry about jumping ahead of myself because I figure everything has a purpose so even if it doesn't pan out exactly the way I think it will it won't be fruitless.

All that said, I'm not going to share this latest bit of exciting news just yet. I WANT to! Believe me I do. But I'm just not sure for what purpose God is going to use it yet. I can say that just when I was getting discouraged about one particular aspect of our preparation "this" popped up. I so want to know what God's plan is and how he is going to use this, but I don't and that's ok.

On Sunday Pastor Nick talked about getting in God's will, not asking him to be in ours. That really really clicked for me. The devotionals I have read in the days following have been right on par with that same theme. As have the scriptures I've been reading in James (gotta love James).

So, I'm not going to jump ahead on this one and make plans that I ask God to bless. I'm going to put one foot in front of the other and let him lead the way. So excited!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment